Ron Owston speaks regularly to national and international audiences on technology and elearning in schools and higher education. Here are some examples of his talks:
- Ten surprising (and a few not so surprising) facts about blended learning. Presented at the Global Summit & EdTech Expo, Teaching & Learning in the Digital Age. Toronto, October 2018.
- Blended Learning: Is There an Optimal Mix of Online and Face-to-Face Instruction? Presented at E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning 2017. Vancouver, October, 2017.
- Pockets of Innovation: Designing for Student Success with Blended Learning. ICDE World Conference, Toronto, October 2017.
- Empowering Learners in Higher Education through Blended Learning. Online Education Berlin, November, 2016.
- If blending learning offers so many advantages, why are so few institutions adopting it? Online Learning Consortium Blended Learning Conference, Denver, July 2015
Student engagement in blended learning: A three year study. 4th National e-learning conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 2015
- Revisiting: Blending to learn, learning to blend. Mohawk College. May, 2014
- Updated version: Blending to learn, learning to blend. University of Alberta. December, 2013
- Blending to learn, learning to blend. Tufts University. December, 2011
- The secrets to professional development success. Mindshare Learning interview at York University. February, 2010
- Interview at the Deanship of eLearning Part 1; Interview at the Deanship of eLearning Part 2
King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia. October, 2009.
- Workshop on eLearning in Higher Education. King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia. May 2009.
- Change forces: Teaching, Learning, and Technology on the Campus of the Futureand Two Case Studies of Campuses of the Future. Microsoft Form for University Presidents and CIOs, Taipei, Taiwan. December, 2008.
- Workshop on Teaching and Learning with the Web in Higher Education.
King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, May, 2008.
- Teaching and Learning with the Web: Where We’ve Been, Where We’re Headed. King Fahd University of Minerals and Petroleum, Saudi Arabia. January, 2008.
- 21st Century Learning: Engaging Students through ICT (streamed video). The Learning Partnership Roundtable on Technology: York University, Toronto. October, 2007.
- Teachers can make a difference! Linking teacher learning with student learning (streamed video). ABEL Summer Institute: York University, Toronto. August, 2007.
- Linking blended PD with improvements in student achievement: How can it be done?
York Region Workshop: Learning in a Digital World, Newmarket, Ontario. June 4, 2007.
- Teachers, Technology, and Students: Teaching Outside of the Triangle. Leading and Learning Conference, Huntsville, Ontario. May 7, 2007.
- The Future of Education - The Agenda with Steve Paikin. Panelist on TV Ontario. April 26, 2007.
- Teachers, Technology, and Students: Teaching Outside of the Triangle. Western New York Education Services Council, Buffalo, NY. March 31, 2007.
- Qatar Supreme Education Council Annual National Education conference. March 15, 2007.
- The World Wide Web Revisited. Mid-Western Educational Research Association, Columbus, OH. October 12, 2006.